•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What's the Band Here?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 damarks913

damarks913

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:25 PM

OK, I am not all that unhappy with this, in my continued skill development. One step forward, two steps back.

But, what in the world is the band running through the bottom of this pic, and can it be processed out?

Additionally, if you blow up the exposure, there is a very dark area just to the left of the Rosette. Is that something on either my filter or scope?

Lastly, this was a cropped image, and to the right, still you can see the glow. Amp glow I would assume?

Zenithstar61

QHY168C

L-Extreme

No flattener/reducer (ditched it to see if I could get better stars, which is counterintuitive, but the 61R has given me FITS

5 hours of 60 second subs

15 darks, 20 Dark Flats, 20 Flats

CEM40

Autosave13-2small.jpg

#2 imtl

imtl

Skylab

• Moderators
  • Loc: Down in a hole

Posted 21 October 2021 - 01:27 PM

1. That is not amp glow. It's a gradient.

2. Blink your subs to find the one(s) that are causing this band. Then, either change your pixel rejection parameters or dump these subs.

• damarks913 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics