•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How the Heck Do You Use History in PixInsight ?

Software
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pemongillo

pemongillo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:43 PM

I have been learning PixInsight from several sources including one paid source. I have been on it for about three months and am pretty happy with where I am, I learn something new each day. The one thing I am baffled by is how to use History. In Photoshop its a piece of cake. I seem to be able to find my major steps (but not minor ones) in PixInsight History, but I don't have a clue how to return to a specific place in my processing. When I find a step and click on it, it would make sense that I would see what the image looked like at that point. Not with anything I have tried. I have searched here and there, but have come up with nothing to explain the process. Anyone have a link to something that explains how to use History in PixInsight?  Thanks

#2 pemongillo

pemongillo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:20 AM

Well, I guess that settles it. No one seems to know how to use PixInsight History.......

#3 WadeH237

WadeH237

Cosmos

• Loc: Ellensburg, WA

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:52 AM

Have you tried just double-clicking on the step to which you want to return?

That's what I do.

Note that you need to double-click on the column that contains the arrow that points to the current state (the leftmost column, but don't click on the black triangle unless you want to collapse or expand the history).  If you click on the Proc Id column, it will open up the settings for that step instead of returning to it.  If I had to guess, I would say that's probably what you are doing wrong.

#4 pemongillo

pemongillo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 October 2021 - 10:37 AM

That's what I do.

Note that you need to double-click on the column that contains the arrow that points to the current state (the leftmost column, but don't click on the black triangle unless you want to collapse or expand the history).  If you click on the Proc Id column, it will open up the settings for that step instead of returning to it.  If I had to guess, I would say that's probably what you are doing wrong.

Thanks ! I will give that a try.

#5 pemongillo

pemongillo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:23 PM

That's what I do.

Ok tried this and it got me to where I wanted to be. Thanks! One more question. I am not sure what is happening if I drag the triangle into the image.

#6 jonnybravo0311

jonnybravo0311

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: NJ, US

Posted 22 October 2021 - 01:30 PM

Dragging the triangle onto an image is the same as if you had that same image as your "active" view and you clicked the square.

The triangle can also be used to do things like copy one process to another (i.e. screen transfer function -> histogram) or to create a new process icon on the desktop (i.e. DBE after you've set some samples on an image, use triangle to drag to desktop so you can quickly and easily set those same sample boxes again).

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Software

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics