•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

That's it for Anydesk I suppose, "using it for business"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 unimatrix0

unimatrix0

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:38 AM

Anydesk started to throw me a pop up, that I have to buy a commercial license if I want to remote connect.   Looks like the Teamviewer bug got to them.  I connect to my mini pc at home and connect to my laptop from my desktop. I seldomly connect from work to check on an on-going stacking on my home computer I bet that triggered it to tag me as a "business user". 

I'm about to uninstall it from all my machines and start a new set up with another remote desktop software,  I'm not going to pay $300 annually for my "business enterprise" license. 

#2 SocalAstro

SocalAstro

Explorer 1

• Loc: Corona, CA

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:47 AM

Try Google Chrome Remote Desktop, its FREE :)

https://remotedesktop.google.com/

• roelb and Tangerman like this

#3 qswat72

qswat72

Messenger

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:09 AM

Try Google Chrome Remote Desktop, its FREE :)

https://remotedesktop.google.com/

Yep, Chrome Remote Desktop is the way to go. Been using it for months now with great success!

#4 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:27 AM

Teamviewer has worked fine for me for a long time.  A bit of nagging to get the paid version, very easily ignored.

#5 Noah4x4

Noah4x4

Aurora

• Loc: Colchester UK

Posted 22 October 2021 - 10:33 AM

I use Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop. Yes, it cost me a once only £110 to upgrade, but thereafter it is no hassle.

What I particularly like is you can reduce or remove RemoteFX compression via Group Profiles. I have not seen this with any other (free) RDP APPs.

What RemoteFX does is limit the data carried over RDP. This is to prevent any single user choking a commercial network with too much. It took me a while to work out why my 450 Mbps wireless network was chugging along at only 10 Mbps. Once, I disabled RemoteFX compression data flew across the network.
  • nemo129 likes this

#6 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 22 October 2021 - 12:32 PM

Been using AnyDesk for almost 2 years, never got nagged or tagged as a "business user."  

Even though the computer I connect *from* to my remote minis in the observatory is also my "business" PC.

Sorry you got tagged.  Can you email support and let them know what you're doing, to get un-tagged?

Chrome Remote deskotp is fine, but it REQUIRES an internet connection (my AnyDesk will work only on my local network even if my internet is out).  Windows RDP is fine, but has issues as well, and unlike AnyDesk I can't connect from actually anywhere with it.  So I LIKE AnyDesk :)

• bobzeq25 likes this

#7 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:12 PM

For remote access to my laptop at the scope over a wifi internet connection, I've been using TightVNC ever sense I had the same experience as the OP, but with TeamViewer. No problems with TightVNC, and I also like Chrome Remote Desktop.

#8 Markinspace

Markinspace

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:42 PM

Wow, just tried Google Remote Desktop rather than AnyDesk as I have been. SOLD!

I’m now able to control everything with my I-phone.  

I love technology.

• bobzeq25, OldManSky and qswat72 like this

#9 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 25 October 2021 - 01:37 PM

Wow, just tried Google Remote Desktop rather than AnyDesk as I have been. SOLD!

I’m now able to control everything with my I-phone.  

I love technology.

That's great, glad you found a solution you liked.

But just FYI -- AnyDesk has an iPhone app, too... :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics