I am new to the forum but have been reading through the site for a long time. Even though I started this hobby when I bought my first Tak (FS-78) 20 years ago, due to life events I had to take a long break (18 years) but now I am able to get back in to it.
I recently (just yesterday) bought a TOA 130F and I am excited to look through it this weekend. Now the challenge I am facing is that, I naively thought that my FS-78 accessories would work with the TOA and it did not. So I have a couple of questions:
- Is it worthwhile investing in 2” eyepieces or just use a 2 to 1.25 adapter and then continue to use 1.25 eyepieces. Currently I have 1.25” Tak LE eyepieces that I bought in 2000.
- I have the following:
- Televue Powermate 5X
- Carl Zeiss 2x Abbe Barlow Lens
- Tak LE : 30 mm, 12 mm, 5mm and 3.5mm
- I just placed the order for Baader ClickLock BBHS Sitall Mirror Diagonal Star. From what I read, this seems to be working well with TOA 130. Is it a right choice?
- Currently I have the Tak diagonal that I bought with the FS-78. Once I have the adapter to fit it in, I will use it until the new one arrives.
- I bought recently the EM200 Temma 2 mount. My initial thought was to use with TSA 120 but as it happened I went with TOA 130. The mount came with 2 counterweights. When I balanced it yesterday realized that I need one more counterweight so thinking of placing an order for it. The question I have is, does EM200 work for primarily Visual needs and may be little bit of AP (once I get used to it, which I believe it will be 2 to 3 years from now).
For now, in order to use the scope, I have bought a 2 to 1.25 adapter so I can start using the eyepieces that I already have. I am looking for what minimum to get to start observing and then I will gradually build the rest.
Any help is appreciated.