•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

qhy10c old school?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rsimonis

rsimonis

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 22 October 2021 - 07:09 PM

this an old school camera by todays standards? took forerver to find a program that would run it. everything else wasnt handling it apt, nina, sharpcap, etc. its ascom driver from qhy seems buggy because images almost never download no matter the program and if they do its like 30 sec. i tried all the suggested settings and got pretty much the same results or worse depending on the program. Nebulosity was the only program that got this going. It has a native driver for it so no need to ascom. i think a couple other programs had native drivers but theirs didnt work. In any case without opportunies for first light yet, heres first dark:
lense cap
1200s gain 63 offset 120 tec -10c

Attached Thumbnails

• DD6E9442-BC13-493F-B5B4-6011298E02DE.jpeg

Edited by rsimonis, 22 October 2021 - 07:10 PM.

#2 Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Apollo

Posted 22 October 2021 - 08:16 PM

What program did you use???   CCDSoft???      I have a ST9E, I have not used in a good 15 years if not longer.   One of these days I'll fire it up and see what she has.   CCD and CMOS,  I'd say same basic principals just different ways to do it.    There are a lot of people that pull very respectable images from CCD.    If my ST9e works,  I am going to learn with it,   then eventually get a osc cmos camera.      Joe

#3 rsimonis

rsimonis

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 23 October 2021 - 12:10 AM

Nebulosity. funny thing is this camera was only recently discontinued (last price 1800) but qhy still supports it their 'classic' line. the drivers are in dire need of updating it seems. 

Edited by rsimonis, 23 October 2021 - 12:11 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics