•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Staraid detailed instruction manual

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ar-pharazon

ar-pharazon

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 October 2021 - 05:01 AM

Hello.

Does anobody know where could I find an updated and detailed instruction manual for Staraid?

The resources given in the web site (both Staraid and Baader Planetarium) are obsoleted and not enough. The videos disappeared and did not show how to detect and solve some common troubles.

As many have reported before, I could not contact them.

Thanks

Edited by ar-pharazon, 23 October 2021 - 05:01 AM.

#2 maheitka

maheitka

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 23 October 2021 - 05:21 AM

Did you check on https://staraid.ai ?

Videos there are available, Q&A should help, too. A QS guide can be found at Baader Planetarium.

#3 ar-pharazon

ar-pharazon

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 October 2021 - 05:51 AM

Thank you!

Those videos are not updated. They retired them for a while from their web site.

I find that the short manual is incomplete in the functions and their use. And it is obsolete too because there are new options that do no appear.

It says the Staraid functions (most os them, not all), but does not describe how to interpret and use them. It only shows the process if there is no problem. But, what is the reason and what should be done, for example, when apparently the pointing is correct and suddenly the Dec correction goes out of control for several seconds, lets say to +12 arcsec, an then goes -8 arcsec, and the stays there? Apparently, when I recalibrate Staraid, every seems ok. But I have no confidence due to a lack of reliability. Or what parameters should be used while dithering? The manual does not explain anything about what you are doing and what you see in the aplication.

Edited by ar-pharazon, 23 October 2021 - 10:13 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics