•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter Oct. 25th from Az.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Az Frank

Az Frank

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson Arizona

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:40 PM

Almost gave up on imaging with high thin clouds making things tough to image. Decided to be patient and waited for a break in the clouds because what I could see thru the EP Jupiter was showing a lot of detail. When I started this session using the ASI462mc the histogram was low but kept adjusting the gain to finally get this image. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails

• JUPITER1025C14-462-RGB200.jpg

• Sunspot, JMP, Kenny V. and 15 others like this

#2 bytesbull

bytesbull

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Arkansas, USA

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:09 PM

Jesus dude that is sooooooo good. Someday I'll have a telescope with views like that. For now I'm loving what I got. I spent from 6 years old until I was almost 60 using an old 70mm x 360mm Refractor and loved it all those years. Now that I have a 114mm with an EQ mount I'm entering a new era of my observations.

Great image. Love it.

• Kiwi Paul likes this

#3 Az Frank

Az Frank

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 October 2021 - 04:01 PM

Thank you and good luck in your new era of observing. Here's another image of Jupiter taken the 24th showing that interesting feature of the horn shaped plume coming from the GRS into it's wake. Intestinally enough similar in color as the GRS. Wish I could have caught more of the GRS in view.

Attached Thumbnails

• JUPITER1024C14-462-PL.jpg

• eros312, dcaponeii, Kiwi Paul and 1 other like this

#4 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Hubble

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 26 October 2021 - 04:58 PM

Nice one again Frank - seems like you're getting a good handle on the C14 now! waytogo.gif Not much time left for Jove now imo... ;)

#5 Az Frank

Az Frank

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:00 PM

Thank you Darryl, been a bumpy road getting a handle on the C14 for sure but see why you and other planetary imagers prefer this scope. Right now trying to image as much as I can like you say were at the tail end of Jupiter and Saturn's apparition. Thanks for the likes as well.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics