•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Did my best solar with 1-click today after Marty's great post yesterday, lol

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bytesbull

bytesbull

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Arkansas, USA

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:55 PM

After seeing that post yesterday with his great imaging I got out my celestron 114eq and old Sanyo 7.1MP vpc-e760 and did a 1-click image. No video with stacking and all that fancy stuff, I'm still new and will learn that when I get svbony sv105 later this week.

So here ya go, my best ever solar image yet with sunspots. I've got others that sucked pretty bad, like I say I am new to this and having so much fun!

Please keep in mind this is me using a 10mm Plossl and just holding that old **** camera up to the eyepiece. So please no hate for the poor quality compared to some of you guys with years experience? thanks.

gallery_375067_18045_328123.jpg

Edited by bytesbull, 26 October 2021 - 01:59 PM.

• Sky Captain, peterm, hopskipson and 4 others like this

#2 MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Cosmos

• Loc: Florida

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:57 PM

It's good to get out under the sun right now, activity is brewing!

You've got AR2886 and AR2887's regions captured there, if you rotate your disc counter clockwise around 90 degrees it'll be oriented with GONG and you can compare your image to SDO/Gong to identify your spots!

Very best,

• gustavo_sanchez, hamers, RoC1909 and 1 other like this

#3 peterm

peterm

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Posted 26 October 2021 - 10:50 PM

"I am new to this and having so much fun!"  Fantastic to read this. This is what I have always liked about my Amateur Astronomy in over 50 years. Take this key first ingredient of having fun away and it becomes a chore, no matter what gear you have. So well done for having a go,  looking forward to your future images.  With the fine crew assembled here you really can't go wrong.

• bytesbull likes this

#4 bytesbull

bytesbull

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Arkansas, USA

Posted 27 October 2021 - 02:31 AM

this is just a picture but looking at the sun through my eyepieces the last few days has been the best ever since I got my new 114 telescope. With the 4mm I can even see the sunspots dark inner and the pool around it and have even seen a flare off the side.

Pics are great but to me actually VIEWING it through the eyepiece is the real treat.

• chemman likes this

#5 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:37 AM

Having fun with the hobby is the main goal!

#6 hamers

hamers

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Madison, WI

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:01 AM

Looks like a great start!

#7 chemman

chemman

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Colorado

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:01 AM

this is just a picture but looking at the sun through my eyepieces the last few days has been the best ever since I got my new 114 telescope. With the 4mm I can even see the sunspots dark inner and the pool around it and have even seen a flare off the side.

Pics are great but to me actually VIEWING it through the eyepiece is the real treat.

Sounds to me like an article I read.  I think it was talk from Galileo's time, about how with a powerful enough telescope you could look into sunspots and see a big city in the sun. 

You may be getting close bytesbull.  lol

Chuck

ps That is a very nice photo you shot there.  I have a pretty nice phone to eyepiece adapter from Celestron.  To me much easier than having 4 or 5 hands all coordinated to get a phone picture.  lol  

Edited by chemman, 27 October 2021 - 09:02 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics