•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Asiair Plus review and comparison with older version

Imaging Polar Alignment Equipment Astrophotography Accessories
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Yuvnish

Yuvnish

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:22 PM

Here is a link to my URL to New ASIair Plus User defined detail review with pictures acquired.

https://yuvnishbhard...ite.com/website

• elpajare likes this

#2 Yuvnish

Yuvnish

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:23 PM

Please let me know your inputs thanks!

#3 rgsalinger

rgsalinger

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: Carlsbad Ca

Posted 27 October 2021 - 12:44 AM

Showing low resolution processed images in not probative with regards to how well the guiding system actually works and how well the auto focusing routine nails perfect focus. You should consider putting that kind of data on your site if you want the more technically minded among the membership to understand the how well the appliance actually works.

From what I read, you've now bought 3 of these for an investment of (?) 900 dollars. Not clear why that's an advancement on using a cheap laptop except perhaps from a power perspective. It's too bad that they have not been able to upgrade the orginal appliances. I wonder how many more upgrades will be forthcoming over the next couple of years. 

My LIPO battery powers my laptop and my MYT imaging system all night long and weighs maybe 10 pounds. So, unless you plan to hike hundreds of yards to your darks sky site, battery power not much of a consideration any more. 

Rgrds-Ross

#4 Yuvnish

Yuvnish

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 27 October 2021 - 02:09 PM

Hi Ross

I had  few night to test it out.

Good thoughts.

I always shoot outdoors on 2 rigs due to rainiest weather here in North America and few clear days. But we have lot of darks site in 200 mile radius and like doing visual too. Weather cold temp and dew heaters also matters if you in dark skies outdoors and Wi-Fi is charm when u can set up ur rig and stream it inside your car without wire.

I was a laptop user but it failed me lot of time with one rig may be just my user experience.

Guiding is improved with new software I may say with  12 kg  /150 mm refractor specially I used to lose guiding with passing cars or satellite, clouds passing my guide star and that i will say almost same as laptop now on field.

focuser I don't use because I like the measure a star and with focus software on asiair app (u can remeasure/adjust it to same size and is quite good )while changing filters or temp change.I find it good accuracy that way but will test focuser one day just wanna keep that hassel away because lot of back lash issues.

thanks for reply and reading it.

Yuvi

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imaging, Polar Alignment, Equipment, Astrophotography, Accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics