•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Omegon 2" SC Crayford Focuser, dual speed

Accessories Cassegrain Celestron Observing Optics SCT
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 marinaldi

marinaldi

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Novato, CA

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:02 PM

Hi,  I have an Omegon 2'' SC Hybrid Crayford focuser, dual speed attached to my Celestron Edge HD 8 scope.  Up to now I've only used this for AP but wanted to set it up as an observational rig.  I'd also like to use the focuser.  My question is can I attach a 90 degree dielectric diagonal after the focuser and then the eyepiece for strictly observational use.  Will the addition of the extra path length mess up my focus?  Will it be impossible to find a focus?  I obviously don't own a 90 Degree diagonal in oder to do the experiment but I don't want to buy one unless it's possible to find a focus. 

Thanks for any help,

Mike 

• Castor likes this

#2 aa6ww

aa6ww

Gemini

• Loc: Sacramento, Calif.

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:30 PM

Your C8 will work fine with the Omegon focuser and 2" diagonal, regardless of which eyepieces you use. SCT's have lots of focus range.

I use one on my C11 but not on my 8HD, but it will work. I've use external focusers on C8's before.

...Ralph

• Castor and marinaldi like this

#3 marinaldi

marinaldi

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Novato, CA

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:35 PM

Your C8 will work fine with the Omegon focuser and 2" diagonal, regardless of which eyepieces you use. SCT's have lots of focus range.

I use one on my C11 but not on my 8HD, but it will work. I've use external focusers on C8's before.

...Ralph

Thank Ralph!  That's the answer I was hoping for.

Mike

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Cassegrain, Celestron, Observing, Optics, SCT

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics