•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Stellina _ Redux

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Alien Observatory

Alien Observatory

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 12:42 AM

A good night of Observations.  NGC 1499 was very poor (California Nebula), M34, 35,36,37, 38 were Good at 15 minutes each (attached M35 Image).  The onto M81 / M82 but WIFI problems then took over.  I suspect the iPad which was running a HDMI input on the 50" TV and was running low on Power and went into some type of Low Power Mode configuration. But a Good Evening of capturing Messier objects with the Stellina...  Pat Utah smile.gif

p.s.  The small cluster at the Botton / Right is NGC 2158 as a Bonus...Astr.Net shows the Image to be 62 x 41.6 arc min's and the resolution at 3.27 arc sec / pixel

Attached Thumbnails

• M35_Nov_28_202 copy.jpeg

Edited by Alien Observatory, Yesterday, 11:48 AM.

• Larry Hansen, steveincolo, CptNautilus and 2 others like this

#102 Alien Observatory

Alien Observatory

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted Today, 02:30 PM

I did a Hi Res (Bin 1) image of M77 last night.  Much better than my Low Res (Bin 2) image from late October.  30 minute image before the dreaded Temp Warning came on.  

Pat Utah smile.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• M77_Nov_29_2021_HR copy.jpeg

Edited by Alien Observatory, Today, 02:32 PM.

• Bill Jensen, Larry Hansen and steveincolo like this

#103 Larry Hansen

Larry Hansen

Messenger

• Loc: MIchigan - Nevada in winter

Posted Today, 03:54 PM

I did a Hi Res (Bin 1) image of M77 last night.  Much better than my Low Res (Bin 2) image from late October.  30 minute image before the dreaded Temp Warning came on.  

Pat Utah smile.gif

I like using high res also,  especially on smaller objects.  I can appreciate it more now that I have upgraded my tablet to a S7+ which has 2800 x 1752 resolution on a 12.4" screen.  I don't have a high res TV so the tablet is the best that I can do for now.  It is nice to be able to zoom way in without loosing to much quality.  

The only draw back to high res is that it takes more time and you can get the temperature warning.  I have run over the temperature warning by about a half an hour and the image still looks pretty good though.  I sure hope Vaonis fixes the auto focus so we do not have to restart the capture.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics