•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

BIN1 Vs BIN2 resolution in ASI 2600MM

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 caliguliminix

caliguliminix

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 November 2021 - 01:44 AM

A few nights ago I decided to image with my LRGB filters on an ASI 2600MM camera. I used BIN1 for L and BIN2 for RGB for the light subs. However, when I was taking the flats, I accidentally shot everything in BIN1. I thought this should be no problem since I could simply down sample my BIN1 image into BIN2 image and be done with it (along with the FITS keywords). However, to my surprise, I found that the resolution of a BIN1 image is 6248 x 4176 while a BIN2 image is 3120 x 2088. This is 4 pixels smaller in the first dimension (6248 / 2 = 3124) than expected from simply dividing BIN1 by 2. Does anyone know where I should be removing these 4 pixels from a BIN1 image down sampled to BIN2?

#2 radix655

radix655

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Chicago

Posted 03 December 2021 - 08:19 PM

You cannot do that. bin1 flats cannot be used for bin2 lights and vice-versa, so does darks

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics