•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help editing tonights data.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Astrojoe13

Astrojoe13

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 November 2021 - 01:04 AM

Hello everyone sorry for such a question but is there anyway I could get some help with some data I captured tonight of the North American and Pelican Nebula? I cant seem to get rid of the horrible color casts from the filter IDAS D2 which is front mounted on my 200mm zoom lens with step down ringsNebula.jpg . I have been imaging for about a year now and I cant seem to figure it out.. Every image I try to process is this horrible mess of green in the middle and magenta around the outsides no matter if I run AstroFlatPro it doesnt do a really good job.. I guess what im asking is if someone with sophisticated software like Pixinsight can try out my images and see if its me or if its the subexposures that are not good.. Here is an example of my stacked image after a few stretches on Photoshop. No calibration files were used. I tried to do flats but I must not be doing it right because they overcorrect and then I get bright green all around the edges where the magenta is. Maybe I just need more practice can anyone recommend a good place to learn astro processing? 

Thank you. - Joe

#2 Sky King

Sky King

Apollo

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 28 November 2021 - 01:20 AM

I used Affinity Photo and couldn't find much in this image. Maybe try a different filter?

redo-1.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics