•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Does the Celestron NexStar Evolution 9.25 HD model exist?

Cassegrain Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Demarki

Demarki

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 November 2021 - 02:21 PM

I've been wanting to find a HD + Starsense version of the popular Nexstar Evolution 9.25 but wasn't able to, even though it does exist on the official Celestron website:

https://www.celestro...25-hd-telescope

Does anyone know if this telescope is available somewhere for purchase, or is this an upcoming release by Celestron? I mean, it's in their website so it must exist in one way or another. smile.gif

Edited by Demarki, 28 November 2021 - 02:22 PM.

#2 ETtheExtraterrestrial

ETtheExtraterrestrial

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:17 PM

Weird because the OTA pic has evolution but the description says Edge HD

Edited by ETtheExtraterrestrial, 28 November 2021 - 03:18 PM.

#3 ETtheExtraterrestrial

ETtheExtraterrestrial

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:23 PM

I could be wrong but I think there’s. 9.25 Evolution and a 9.25 Edge HD. Again could be wrong.

Do you only want to use for visual? If not you’ll hate that mount for any kind of photography.

#4 barbarosa

barbarosa

Gemini

• Loc: 139 miles W of the Awahnee Hotel

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:46 PM

Does "backordered" in the product description signify that it might not be generally available?

The product page shows a 9.25 version and not an 9.25 HD version.

Celestron products ae in very short supply your best bet is to check the online dealers one by one for a listing that says in "in stock" and not something like "more on the way."

#5 dpippel

dpippel

Apollo

• Loc: Desierto de Sonora

Posted 29 November 2021 - 10:18 AM

The product page shows a 9.25 version and not an 9.25 HD version.

No, it clearly shows a 9.25" Edge OTA on the Evolution mount:

#6 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

• Loc: US

Posted 29 November 2021 - 10:26 AM

I've been wanting to find a HD + Starsense version of the popular Nexstar Evolution 9.25 but wasn't able to, even though it does exist on the official Celestron website:

Does anyone know if this telescope is available somewhere for purchase, or is this an upcoming release by Celestron? I mean, it's in their website so it must exist in one way or another. smile.gif

It may be available somewhere...but right now it, like many things, and especially things coming in from China, is in short supply.

Edited by rmollise, 29 November 2021 - 10:27 AM.

#7 Bean614

Bean614

Vanguard

• Loc: Mass.

Posted 30 November 2021 - 07:08 AM

I owned an Evo 9.25 Edge, which I bought several years ago, Un-Used, from a neighbor who realized that the scope would be too much for him. It was from the 'original' version model, with the RJ port on the bottom of the HC, not the mini-USB.  

That was introduced in the 2016 version, which is the same as is sold today. 

And it came with the larger, sturdier CPC Tripod, just as it does today.  So, yes, they do exist!

#8 Demarki

Demarki

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 December 2021 - 03:33 AM

I owned an Evo 9.25 Edge, which I bought several years ago, Un-Used, from a neighbor who realized that the scope would be too much for him. It was from the 'original' version model, with the RJ port on the bottom of the HC, not the mini-USB.  

That was introduced in the 2016 version, which is the same as is sold today. 

And it came with the larger, sturdier CPC Tripod, just as it does today.  So, yes, they do exist!

So it does exist, thanks for confirming! Any idea how much more than the original Evo 9.25 it costs and most important of all, any idea where can I order it from? (I live in EU)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cassegrain, Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics