•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Low hanging fruit, M31

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeffmar

Jeffmar

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: salt lake city, utah

Posted 28 November 2021 - 03:05 PM

Last night I went to my favorite dark site to do some imaging. My goal was to image some planetary nebulae with my main goal being either the Helix Nebula or the Crab Nebula. In the mean time my buddy who was out in the desert with me suggested doing M31 again just to pass the time. I put together a string of images at 210 seconds at 3200 ISO and some darker ones at 1600 ISO. I had recently imaged this galaxy and even printed and framed it because I liked the image so much. It turns out that this one has a bit more detail and color with less noise, so I had to show it.

M31 again3

I did get the Crab Nebula. It’s going to require a bit more tender loving care than M31, but that is part of the fun! I guess you could say the Crab Nebula is not low hanging fruit.

The Crab Nebula

We called it a night by 10:30 either because of the high wispy clouds that were messing with our guiding or the fact we were both freezing!coldday.gif

The good things about the cold were the ground was frozen enough to keep the dust down and the mosquitoes are gone.

Edited by Jeffmar, 28 November 2021 - 04:35 PM.

• Peter B, spazmore, Ljubo and 7 others like this

#2 PongosDad

PongosDad

Vostok 1

• Loc: Colorado

Posted 30 November 2021 - 10:03 AM

That's a very nice Andromeda for just passing the time.  I like the natural look to it.  Well done!

• Leia likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics