I''ve been collecting ZWO serial numbers to try to narrow down the ASI2600MC's that have the oil leak problem (see this topic: https://www.cloudyni...or-others-also/) Thanks to fellow ASI2600MC and ZWO users, I have made the following table:
As you can see from the above, the tail end of the serial # always ends as "0900" (in columns G & H) which I think is the ZWO ID.
The others are speculative on my part:
- Column F: Year of manufacture:
- "00" denotes year 2020
- "09" denotes year 2019
- "08" denotes year 2018
- Column E: Week of manufacture?
- Column D: the data that I have have these numbers from 0x00 to 0x0F.
- Is "0" a separator? But what's the lower 4 bits?
- Columns A to C are random numbers in hex. These form the random serial number of each camera.
What I don't see embedded in the serial #:
- Camera model
Note that I only have 1 contribution that has a confirmed oil leak. So, if I have more data, we can actually narrow down which cameras have the oil leak problem. Right now it looks like the 2019 batch of 2600MC's has the oil leak problem.
If you're interested in this exercise, please PM me your serial #, date of purchase and whether you have an oil leak or not. I'm really interested if you have an oil leak problem, but having serial #'s without the problem is very useful as well. I'll post when I have more data.
Edited by cytan299, 28 November 2021 - 04:02 PM.