•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sun 11-27 With Lunt 50MM and ASI174MC-Cool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeiss

Mikeiss

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson

Posted 28 November 2021 - 05:43 PM

I finally figured out how to use flat frames for solar images which helps a lot with overall brightness. Best %20 of 1000 frames stacked in AS3 and processed with IMPGG and Photoshop CS4.

Attached Thumbnails

• Sun 11-27-21 2.jpg

• peterm, ifly, R Botero and 7 others like this

#2 Stellar1

Stellar1

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Juuuust outside Toronto

Posted 28 November 2021 - 05:51 PM

Very nice full disc capture! more detail than I thought possible with a 50mm, I'm in the market for a Lunt 60 for full disc images but seeing this makes me wonder if I'd be good with a 50!

• Mikeiss likes this

#3 wizer

wizer

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: SoCal, USA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 12:13 AM

Very nice full disc capture! more detail than I thought possible with a 50mm, I'm in the market for a Lunt 60 for full disc images but seeing this makes me wonder if I'd be good with a 50!

Check out AstroBin for the LS50Tha. Quite a few images, and I image with it as well. Biggest thing to note is that the stock helical focuser is kind of a non starter for imaging. I have the feathertouch on mine, and focus can be a bit touchy with limited back focus.

I’m happy with my setup but you may still be happier with the 60 if you don’t mind the extra cost.
  • rigel123 and Mikeiss like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics