•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Another Stellarium Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Older Padawan

Older Padawan

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Colorado USA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 09:30 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this situation with Stellarium. In the middle of my EAA session Stellarium will show that I am about 5 degrees off target even though I am imaging the target perfectly. After this happens I can slew to the next target and Steallarium will show me dead on but after a few seconds will again move to approx. 5 degrees off while the target is dead on in the frame. I can shut down the program and start over but after a while it begins to do the same thing. Any ideas???? I'm running a Skywatcher EQ5 Pro mount, with Polar alignment showing as excellent in Sharpcap. I do not have a guide camera. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000

#2 Bob Denny

Bob Denny

Vendor (DC-3 Dreams)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Mesa AZ USA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 10:31 AM

If this is on Windows, and if you are using a SkyWatcher ASCOM driver, you can insert the DeviceHub between the Skywatcher and Stellarium and see what the mount is telling Stellarium. This way you can tell if the problem is bad coordinates coming from the scope or some sort of internal Stellarium problem. 

• bobzeq25, rkinnett and Older Padawan like this

#3 Older Padawan

Older Padawan

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Colorado USA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:20 PM

Thank you I will try that the next clear night I get.

If this is on Windows, and if you are using a SkyWatcher ASCOM driver, you can insert the DeviceHub between the Skywatcher and Stellarium and see what the mount is telling Stellarium. This way you can tell if the problem is bad coordinates coming from the scope or some sort of internal Stellarium problem. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics