This is not a request for help but rather an explanation of a problem solved. I had been having a devil of a time making my EAF work properly. Some times it would work and sometimes it would be all over the place. The results would vary widely between auto focus attempts. I took everything apart and checked that both the EAF and telescope tube were moving freely. When I put it back together I found there was binding when I rotated the EAF. What I found was I had put the barrel connector that connects the EAF to the rack and pinion shaft on the the telescope too close to the telescope housing. When the EAF rotated the barrel would come in contact with the housing and cause a bind and the connection would slip on the shaft. I moved it away about a 32nd of an inch and everything moves smoothly now.
Another point. I thought you could just turn the manual focus knob with the EAF attached to get a rough focus. You can’t. The EAF motor will not turn manually. You have to use the EAF to move the telescope.
Hope this saves somebody some headaches.