•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Asiair wrong location? Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 abcdefghii

abcdefghii

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 30 November 2021 - 06:31 PM

A couple days ago I set everything up with no problems, except clouds... today, the sky is clear so I just hooked everything up. Finished PA using ASIAir, then told it to go to a star to focus. Which is where things went wrong, it goes off in a wrong direction. I then hit go to home position, which it also didn't successfully do.

Restarted my mount (cem25p) and Asiair, did PA again. Nope, still not working.

The time on my tablet per asiair and the mount match, the date shown in asiair is also correct. So, I'm stuck and hoping to resolve it quickly to avoid a night wasted.

Any ideas? I vaguely recall something about an hour difference in the time between actual time and mount time, but could be imagining that.

Thanks.

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:14 PM

Put the mount in "zero position" -- scope on top, pointing due north in DEC, counterweight straight down.

Use the hand controller to tell it "set zero position."

Then have the AISAIR goto something again.  It should be close.

You can also go ahead and do a 1-star or 3-star align on the mount, with the ASIAIR still connected.  Once that's done, gotos should be awfully darn close.

• abcdefghii likes this

#3 abcdefghii

abcdefghii

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:44 PM

Did exactly that, set zero position and it's working fine now. Not sure why it suddenly stopped working, but so far so good.
  • OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics