•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Trying to run 2 scopes using iPolar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 photobiker

photobiker

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Williamsburg, VA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 07:45 PM

I'm trying to setup and run 2 iOpron mounts using NINA.  One is the Skyguider Pro and the other is a CEM40 and they both use iPolar.  It seems once the CEM40 is connected there is no way to connect the Skyguider, it default to the CEM40.  One thought is to polar align the Skyguider, disconnect it, once it's polar aligned it's good to go, and the setup the CEM40.  Then reattach the Skyguider and don't do a polar alignment.  Any thoughts?  

#2 wizbang396

wizbang396

Ranger 4

• ****-

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:19 PM

Once aligned with iPolar, you don't need to have it attached to the mount as it does not guide.  

#3 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:25 PM

You'll need to run 2 instances (2 separate running copies) of NINA if you want to connect 2 mounts simultaneously.  There isn't any way to connect to 2 mounts from 1 running copy of NINA.

Start NINA and connect one setup.

Then go back and double-click the NINA icon on the desktop again, and start another instance of NINA.  Connect to the other mount/camera.  You can then run both at the same time, each controlled from a different copy of NINA.

#4 photobiker

photobiker

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Williamsburg, VA

Posted 30 November 2021 - 11:07 PM

Yep the 2 versions of NINA running works well. It was just iPolar that was giving me grief.  Seems the solution is polar align one mount disconnect and reconnect with the other mount.

Thanks

• OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics