•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQ Direct Cable AZ-GTi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rydeen 98

Rydeen 98

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Mexico

Posted 01 December 2021 - 06:31 PM

Hi all.  I have an AZ-GTi mount that I use in equatorial mode and the SynScan App driver.  I'm connecting to it with a LynxAstro EQ Direct Cable which works fine but it's way too short at 1 meter (previous owner must have used it with an ASI Air or something, I'm using a laptop).  I got it bundled with my AZ-GTi when I bought it used.  I tried to use a standard USB 2.0 extension cable and when that is inline it just doesn't work and I get an error from APT regarding being unable to move the mount.  Has anyone else experienced this problem with FTDI cables that are too short?  I guess the next thing I might try is to get an RJ12 coupler and try and extend from the other side.  Hopefully I don't need to buy an entirely new EQ Direct cable just to get more length.

Edited by Rydeen 98, 01 December 2021 - 06:32 PM.

#2 Jaimo!

Jaimo!

I'm just stunned! Or maybe pining for the fjords!

• Administrators
  • Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun

Posted 01 December 2021 - 06:58 PM

I'd get this, it's a $19.99 16 foot cable, then you don't have to worry about additional cables or extensions that are bound to fail. 

Skywatcher Telescope AZ-GTI Mount PC Connect EQMOD Cable for Replacing The Hand Control Cable (16feet/500cm)

• Rydeen 98 likes this

#3 Rydeen 98

Rydeen 98

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 01 December 2021 - 07:12 PM

This actually seems like a decent option compared to buying another expensive Lynx Astro cable.

I'd get this, it's a $19.99 16 foot cable, then you don't have to worry about additional cables or extensions that are bound to fail.

Skywatcher Telescope AZ-GTI Mount PC Connect EQMOD Cable for Replacing The Hand Control Cable (16feet/500cm)

• Jaimo! likes this

#4 joseph07081

joseph07081

Viking 1

• Loc: Chippewa, PA

Posted 01 December 2021 - 07:49 PM

I have the 6' version of this cable and it works great on my AZ-GTI.

• Rydeen 98 likes this

#5 Jaimo!

Jaimo!

I'm just stunned! Or maybe pining for the fjords!

• Administrators
  • Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun

Posted 01 December 2021 - 08:31 PM

I have the short version because I'm running the ASIair.  It does the job.

• joseph07081 and Rydeen 98 like this

#6 Rydeen 98

Rydeen 98

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 02 December 2021 - 04:38 PM

Well I got lucky and someone posted a 2 meter cable up in the classifieds right when I needed one.  I'll just sell my short cable.  I'm sure someone would love to have it for an ASI Air/Astroberry type of set up.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics