•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My slumpbuster, the Rosette Nebula

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BRIMoPho

BRIMoPho

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Queen Creek, AZ

Posted 02 December 2021 - 02:12 AM

As stated in the title, I hit a slump and was just not having much luck with what I was doing, i.e. I just couldn't get my two sets of M33 to integrate well into the shot I wanted.  I may have to go back and try editing M33 again after this; but, I needed a win just to feel like I'm accomplishing something and I think this came out well enough to make me happy.  I still think I don't have a handle on my exposures though, so that's more research and I'm currently table-topping NINA in between actual imaging with the AAP.  I think I'm overdoing the stars; but, I also think I have a couple hundred ADU to spare before I hit what I think is my target mean/median so I'm missing some info somewhere.  I still need to do Jon's math to verify the actual numbers; but, I figure I'm looking for somewhere between 700 and 1100 and I haven't even hit that yet.

Long story short, I think it came out pretty Ok.

Astrobin

https://astrob.in/bizb17/0/

i-M9MJ34J-X2.jpg

Edited by BRIMoPho, 02 December 2021 - 02:13 AM.

• F.Meiresonne, chrysalis, pyrasanth and 6 others like this

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 02 December 2021 - 03:16 AM

That's a great image. I don't like the copyright logo placement- I think it spoils the picture but you may have reasons for it.

• addos likes this

#3 matt_astro_tx

matt_astro_tx

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 02 December 2021 - 05:55 AM

That's a superb image! (sans the logo)

• Tim J Fowler likes this

#4 Tim J Fowler

Tim J Fowler

Viking 1

• Loc: Seneca, South Carolina

Posted 02 December 2021 - 06:46 AM

I agree. Beautiful image. Logo is distracting, and fairly pointless. Anyone that would use your image against your will would have no problem removing it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics