•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Replacing a Damaged Dobsonian Mount

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oldskaterman

Oldskaterman

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 02 December 2021 - 10:46 AM

Considering the choices available for replacing my damaged Sky Watcher Dobsonian mount, I found the same size Apertura mount the easiest and most cost effective solution. In addition to the ease of modifying the Apertura mount, the superior construction and improved azimuth bearings noticeably improved overall satisfaction with this approach.

Click here to view the article

#2 BDS316

BDS316

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Sol 3

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:10 AM

Michael since you live in nearby Haverhill I'd like to invite you to an open-to-the public observing session that NSAAC, the North Shore Amateur Astronomy Club is having tonight December 3rd from 4:30ish in until we get clouded out. We are in Boxford.  

PM me if you'd like to attend.

Bryan

• gfstallin likes this

#3 bobthompson

bobthompson

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Elk Grove, California

Posted 17 December 2021 - 11:20 AM

Thank you for the detailed descriptions.  I recently purchased a new one but will keep your post for the future.  Due to the overcast skies I have only been able to use my new telescope once and got a wonderful view of Jupiter and moons.  I had some trouble with the finder scope and am considering replacing it.  Do you have any suggestions on a replacement? 

#4 punkin

punkin

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 09 January 2022 - 04:05 PM

I'm going to do exactly what you did.  thanks for the idea.  I will get that old scope working again!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics