•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A little humor, partial "house" eclipse of the sun 12/3/2021

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:08 PM

On the day before the total eclipse I set up to see what I might catch today on ole sol and started a bit early for it to totally clear my neighbors roof!  (full resolution so got the ghost image as well)

Partial-Eclipse-12-3-2021.jpg

A little later wide field shot wink.gif and I was surprised that seeing wasn't too bad even so close to the roof!

low-sun.jpg

• EricCCD, peterm, ifly and 9 others like this

#2 EricCCD

EricCCD

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 03 December 2021 - 06:23 PM

LOL, Warren. I had a similar experience this morning, as I took the day off and happened to be up pretty early for me. I usually do solar stuff around noon or later, and I thought I'd try a morning session. Not too unexpectedly, the Sun was in a tree for about a half hour so its disk was irregularly illuminated by the (fortunately) bare branches.

#3 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 03 December 2021 - 08:44 PM

LOL, Warren. I had a similar experience this morning, as I took the day off and happened to be up pretty early for me. I usually do solar stuff around noon or later, and I thought I'd try a morning session. Not too unexpectedly, the Sun was in a tree for about a half hour so its disk was irregularly illuminated by the (fortunately) bare branches.

That happens to me all the time!

#4 chemman

chemman

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Colorado

Posted 04 December 2021 - 01:51 AM

I have a tree I never see, well until now.  The worst one to me is when the 2 foot roof snow happens and I can't see Jack!   Last year I built a 18" extender for the Pier, where is that darn thing anyhow...

Never mind not a drop of snow here in Colorado so we are good!

sort of

Chuck

• rigel123 likes this

#5 peterm

peterm

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Posted 04 December 2021 - 07:28 PM

I will know this feeling in about 18months when the 12 storey building being built opposite us will interfere with morning obs for 5 months of the year... grrr

#6 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• topic starter

Posted 04 December 2021 - 09:09 PM

I will know this feeling in about 18months when the 12 storey building being built opposite us will interfere with morning obs for 5 months of the year... grrr

That is a bummer!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics