•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Comet processing issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EEBA

EEBA

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 December 2021 - 02:07 AM

Hi everyone. I have been for days trying to get a good image of Leonard. I failed LRGB switched to ZWO 533 and my zenithstar 73 FL 430 mm. I followed a suggested video how to process it in youtube. The image didn’t come well. Yesterday, I used my edge 800 FL 2000mm and the subs looks nice each one. I used PI and calibrated the images . After that, I wasn’t able to register because my FOV is small and I don’t have enough stars ( PI needs at least 6) , since I couldn’t keep moving forward, I tried DSS and same thing, calibrate but unable to register. What can I do at this point. I want a nice image of Leonard :(

#2 EEBA

EEBA

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 December 2021 - 02:10 AM

This is one sub out of 55

Attached Thumbnails

• 4FF43ABD-F1D7-4D18-8653-656FC50DDEFD.jpeg

#3 RareBird

RareBird

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 06 December 2021 - 02:16 PM

Try using the Dynamic Alignment process to Star-Align your subs.

Arlo

#4 nicknacknock

nicknacknock

A man of many qualities, even if they are mostly bad ones

• Moderators
  • Loc: Nicosia, Cyprus

Posted 07 December 2021 - 12:40 AM

Moving this to Major & Minor Planetary Imaging which is the appropriate forum for comets :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics