•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

More on the way?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Western Maine

Posted 06 December 2021 - 05:33 AM

Most of the refractors at Astronomic's are listed as " more on the way "., but a few are listed as " out of stock "  .,.What's the difference between the two.,And if it's listed as more on the way.,do I click buy now and hope it arrives before I die.,Is ordering beforehand the best way to get one.,?.,More on the way is a little more incouraging than out of stock. but not much.  lol.,.

• Castor and gnowellsct like this

#2 leviathan

leviathan

Apollo

• Loc: Azerbaijan

Posted 06 December 2021 - 06:04 AM

https://www.cloudyni...ore-on-the-way/

#3 ETtheExtraterrestrial

ETtheExtraterrestrial

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 06 December 2021 - 07:45 AM

From my experience it can be anywhere from weeks to mid next year. I’ve been told multiple times from different places that the more on the way means an existing order is in place with the manufacturer but that order can take a long time to arrive.

Out of curiosity what are you looking for?
  • Castor likes this

#4 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 06 December 2021 - 09:02 AM

From my experience it can be anywhere from weeks to mid next year. I’ve been told multiple times from different places that the more on the way means an existing order is in place with the manufacturer but that order can take a long time to arrive.

Out of curiosity what are you looking for?

What am I looking for?., Trouble mostly.,lol.,I have been eyeballing the 80mmED.,When I first started looking it was available.,I need another scope like I need a toothache.,but I was very close to clicking the buy button.,.Then it was listed as "more on the way ".,and I saw the 92mm listed as "out of stock " and I wondered what the difference is.,

I'm not stranded or in desperate need of a Christmas present.,just a fracaholic.,Thanks for the replies.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210603_070607.jpg

• Castor, gnowellsct, Exnihilo and 2 others like this

#5 Spikey131

Spikey131

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 06 December 2021 - 09:12 AM

Yeah, Dave, what you need is another telescope……..grin.gif

• Castor and clearwaterdave like this

#6 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 06 December 2021 - 09:29 AM

Yeah, Dave, what you need is another telescope……..grin.gif

I think I still see a little room over there on the left.,cool.gif .,

• Doug Culbertson, Castor and gene 4181 like this

#7 rob1986

rob1986

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 06 December 2021 - 10:31 AM

I think he needs a different kind of scope. Just to try.

• 25585 likes this

#8 25585

James Webb Space Telescope

• Loc: In a valley, in the SW UK. 51°N

Posted 06 December 2021 - 11:31 AM

A pair of astro binoculars, say 80mm, might be a good experience, 90° ones. Or try a binoviewer with your 102? 

#9 ETtheExtraterrestrial

ETtheExtraterrestrial

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:44 PM

What am I looking for?., Trouble mostly.,lol.,I have been eyeballing the 80mmED.,When I first started looking it was available.,I need another scope like I need a toothache.,but I was very close to clicking the buy button.,.Then it was listed as "more on the way ".,and I saw the 92mm listed as "out of stock " and I wondered what the difference is.,
I'm not stranded or in desperate need of a Christmas present.,just a fracaholic.,Thanks for the replies.,

#10 ETtheExtraterrestrial

ETtheExtraterrestrial

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:45 PM

Do you have a 120-130 refractor? Just got a WO with FT at 132 and am super impressed with the build quality. Weather has been terrible in my neck of the woods a
So no first light, yet!

#11 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 06 December 2021 - 01:11 PM

I have a 120mm and a 127mm achro's.,Also the 73mm WO Zenithstar that is a treat..I use it mostly for terrestrial viewing and the birdies.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210531_205552.jpg
  • 20210709_122723.jpg

• Castor and Bomber Bob like this

#12 gnowellsct

gnowellsct

Posted 06 December 2021 - 01:45 PM

Most of the refractors at Astronomic's are listed as " more on the way "., but a few are listed as " out of stock "  .,.What's the difference between the two.,And if it's listed as more on the way.,do I click buy now and hope it arrives before I die.,Is ordering beforehand the best way to get one.,?.,More on the way is a little more incouraging than out of stock. but not much.  lol.,.

Are you feeling lucky punk?  Huh? Huh? (Clint Eastwood joke)

Now let's get serious.  Clicking and waiting for a year or a year and a half is called "ordering and having to wait a year or a year and a half."  It is not called "hope it arrives before I die."

That phrase is trademarked by Astro-physics.  And they're not exaggerating.    If you don't want to wait for the AT try a Skywatcher alternative.  Those are as good and also favorably priced.  The whole hobby is experiencing delays right now.  

One thing you can do is make friends with someone who has lots of telescopes and hope he dies.  Maybe he'll leave you his Neat Stuff in his will.  In a study recently published in Optics Journal, v. 2 no. 3, 2020, it was shown using logit table multivariate analysis that people who befriended someone who owned an Astro-physics telescope had a marginal but statistically significant higher chance of getting an Astro-physics telescope by inheriting it from a dead friend as opposed to waiting on THE LIST. 

Greg N

• Doug Culbertson, TAS, Exnihilo and 2 others like this

#13 gnowellsct

gnowellsct

Posted 06 December 2021 - 01:49 PM

Oh!  Oh!  Now we know where all the freakin' scopes have been going!

#14 Arthur L

Arthur L

Ranger 4

• Loc: Arkansas USA

Posted 06 December 2021 - 02:27 PM

"more on the way" means we have none to sell 

"out of stock" means that we have none to sell 

Either one can be backordered.  Both are better than "item discontinued"

Actually, I just re-read the first post.  OP answered his own question!

Only one thing is for sure:  If you do not order you will not get one.

• gnowellsct likes this

#15 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 06 December 2021 - 03:07 PM

Judging from the pic of your small collection, you probably need several "more on the way" to you to fill out the flock. smile.gif

The good news about "more on the way" is that a new shipment is to be delivered to Astronomics (as mentioned above); the bad news is it might be a while before it reaches its destination.

• BFaucett likes this

#16 Space_Race_T.J.

Space_Race_T.J.

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 06 December 2021 - 03:28 PM

Are you feeling lucky punk?  Huh? Huh? (Clint Eastwood joke)

Now let's get serious.  Clicking and waiting for a year or a year and a half is called "ordering and having to wait a year or a year and a half."  It is not called "hope it arrives before I die."

That phrase is trademarked by Astro-physics.  And they're not exaggerating.    If you don't want to wait for the AT try a Skywatcher alternative.  Those are as good and also favorably priced.  The whole hobby is experiencing delays right now.  

One thing you can do is make friends with someone who has lots of telescopes and hope he dies.  Maybe he'll leave you his Neat Stuff in his will.  In a study recently published in Optics Journal, v. 2 no. 3, 2020, it was shown using logit table multivariate analysis that people who befriended someone who owned an Astro-physics telescope had a marginal but statistically significant higher chance of getting an Astro-physics telescope by inheriting it from a dead friend as opposed to waiting on THE LIST. 

Greg N

This was laugh out loud funny Greg!!!! Just what I needed on a Monday morning. 

Clear skies,

T.J.

• gnowellsct and CowTipton like this

#17 PNW

PNW

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lummi Island, WA

Posted 06 December 2021 - 07:25 PM

This whole thread reminds me of the "FREE BEER TOMORROW" sign at the local bar. Tomorrow never came.

• Heywood, lcaldero and Bomber Bob like this

#18 GGK

GGK

Viking 1

• Loc: Southwest Florida

Posted 07 December 2021 - 11:06 AM

If you're looking for a specific OTA, I suggest that you call Astronomics and ask about availability.  I spoke with them last week and they have a shipment clearing customs now so many OTAs will be in stock shortly.  However, some like the AT80EDL are not part of this shipment, not expected until March, but are still is listed as More On The Way. 

• clearwaterdave and BFaucett like this

#19 dagadget

dagadget

Apollo

• Loc: Avon Park, Florida

Posted 08 December 2021 - 09:43 AM

AT 92inPOD.jpg

The AT 92 next run is next year so they are out of stock. I was going to wait that year plus to get one. Then Astronomics had some reworked focusers that Mike was not happy with come in. That opened up a few AT 92's and I jumped on one. That AT 92 is a special scope wide field and super sharp optics. But that is what you expect from a TMB design that has been reworked and improved with modern glass improvements.

• weis14, Castor, Bomber Bob and 3 others like this

#20 jcj380

jcj380

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Hellinois

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:09 PM

If I remember another post correctly, the AT92 will be available in late 2022. 

Usual provisos probably apply.

• dagadget likes this

#21 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter

Posted 09 December 2021 - 04:57 PM

A pair of astro binoculars, say 80mm, might be a good experience, 90° ones. Or try a binoviewer with your 102? 

Got that.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210408_041900.jpg
  • 20180826_084848.jpg
  • 20210331_085817.jpg

• Castor, Bomber Bob, dagadget and 1 other like this

#22 dagadget

dagadget

Apollo

• Loc: Avon Park, Florida

Posted 10 December 2021 - 09:08 PM

If I remember another post correctly, the AT92 will be available in late 2022. 

Usual provisos probably apply.

Yes that was my understanding too. I got one a year early as I was paying attention and when they came available, I jumped on one. Within 15 minutes of the email posting, I had mine on order. I do not regret it one bit.

• Bomber Bob and jcj380 like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics