•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QUESTAR Field Ranger 3.5”

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vivaldischool

vivaldischool

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2021 - 12:47 AM

Woefully uninformed as to what is needed to make this telescope fully functional for both Brandon and standard 1.25 inch eyepieces. I have some sort of adapter tube that appears to contain a prism of some sort to rectify images. It has an appropriate focal length to make the Brandon eyepieces I have functional. Looking for whatever information and accessories I can find to optimize the utility of this instrument.

#2 Gregory Gross

Gregory Gross

Viking 1

• Loc: Pacific Northwest

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:27 PM

A belated welcome to Cloudy Nights and to the Questar forum, vivaldischool! I see that you started a similar thread in March 2020 and got no response -- sorry about that.

We don't see too many Questar Field Rangers appear in our discussions, so I think most of us are ill-equipped to help you out. If you could post a photo or two of the gear that you have, we might be in a better position to give you a hand.

Again considering that most of us have little if any experience with the Field Ranger and would enjoy seeing what you have, I think you actually have an opportunity to improve our collective knowledge as much as we might be able to lend a hand.

#3 vivaldischool

vivaldischool

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2021 - 03:15 PM

Thank you very much! The sharing of collective knowledge is a very good thing!  Looks like I’ll have to reduce the size of some of my imagery to make it work here. We’ll see what I can do…

Best!

Daniel

#4 vivaldischool

vivaldischool

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:33 PM

How about this?  I have a Brandon 16mm Questar eyepiece.  It has been disassembled.  Anybody know what order to place the lenses?

Thanks!

#5 NC Startrekker

NC Startrekker

Apollo

• Loc: Sandhills of NC

Posted 07 December 2021 - 05:40 PM

Try giving Vernonscope a call.  They are very nice folks and may be able to talk you through it over the phone. 

#6 vivaldischool

vivaldischool

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2021 - 05:42 PM

• Roveronlineretired likes this

#7 vivaldischool

vivaldischool

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2021 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the tip!

#8 Optics Patent

Optics Patent

Vanguard

• Loc: Dallas TX

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:18 PM

This topic might be better suited for the EBay thread, because this is presumably stimulated by the recent Ebay (re) listing.

#9 vivaldischool

vivaldischool

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:49 PM

Yes.  Thank you!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics