I have learned a lot in the last 10 months, thanks to all the help on this forum. Here is my latest attempt at the Horsehead and Flame nebulas using an ASI533MC, L-extreme and a WO GT71. This about 15 hours of integration. I am really happy with the results. Just wish I did not get the star halo from the L-Extreme filter. I finally gave trying to remove just one halo in post processing with APP and Affinity Photo.
Horsehead and Flame Nebulas.
Posted 07 December 2021 - 07:32 AM
I think your result is excellent. Perhaps it needs a little more sharpness.
Did you have many halos or just one star?
Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:56 PM
That's nicely framed. Great image. Perhaps a little heavy on the saturation, but excellent detail!
Posted 07 December 2021 - 09:17 PM
@Danny1976, Yes the halos are in all the stars. They are not present in the images captured with just the UV/IR cut filter. All images with the L-Extreme have halos. The halos are worse in the .fit and .tiff files. The lower resolution .jpeg seemed to reduce the halo effect a little. I have read the L-Exteme filter may not be at it's best when using faster scopes. Not sure if a WO GT71 with flatter is considered a fast scope. It will be interesting to see if I get the halos with my EdgeHD 8.
- danny1976 likes this
Posted 08 December 2021 - 08:38 PM
Nice image! You might try to use Starnet++ to separate the stars and nebula before doing any heavy stretching. You can then go back and add the stars in after you stretch the nebula to taste. It might help to control Alnitak a little more, but it really is a pain to deal with.
Edited by Ibuprofen200mg, 08 December 2021 - 09:12 PM.