•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

N.I.N.A - Shutdown Sequence in the Advanced Sequencer not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WConde

WConde

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 09 December 2021 - 08:47 AM

Hello everyone! 

For the last two nights I’ve tried to “kill” the advanced sequencer using the Flag on the bottom right side that is intended for that purpose.  Instead of activating the Shutdown Sequence it keeps “looping” the sequence and nothing else.  My expectation is that once the Flag is activated, the Shutdown sequence gets started no matter where in the sequence you are.

I am including a pic showing where Shutdown Sequence is placed in the Advanced Sequencer.  As you will see it is at the very end, and I made sure is not "nested" inside any of the targets (same as the Startup Sequence, which is working fine).

7CAD8EDA-8156-4608-93B1-EAAE5AD21702.png

Am I doing something wrong?

#2 sbharrat

sbharrat

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Posted 09 December 2021 - 01:52 PM

Which flag in the bottom right? Haven't run sequences from this screen. I usually do it from the imaging screen. There, when you hit the stop button, it stops the sequence. It doesn't run the shutdown. (Stop is more like a pause... you can hit play and it continues)

#3 Jared

Jared

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Piedmont, California, U.S.

Posted 09 December 2021 - 02:12 PM

What flag on the bottom right? I don’t see anything in your screenshot that would trigger the shutdown sequence. Is there a loop condition or a trigger at the top of the smart exposure instructions? There is nothing I see that would interrupt the 100 iterations of exposures. From what I see, the only way to enter your shut down sequence is the completion of all images. You a trigger in the imaging section that will end the imaging section when, for example, it gets cloudy (safety limit) or when the moon comes up or when you drop below a certain altitude. I don’t see anything like that. Perhaps it is scrolled off the top of the screen?

#4 Jared

Jared

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Piedmont, California, U.S.

Posted 09 December 2021 - 04:15 PM

Most common would be a loop condition in the imaging section like, “Loop until altitude set below” instead of the “Loop for 100 iterations” that you have set.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics