•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New to Me C14

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 11 January 2022 - 05:32 PM

If i ever go to a fork mounted C14 i am gonna use the Clamchip system.

• Bomber Bob likes this

#27 bry73

bry73

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 January 2022 - 05:32 PM

I decided to go with a Scope Buggy and it arrived today. This way I won't have to manhandle the scope to much. 

Here it is right before and during the tear down to move it from my basement. http://www.youtube.c...ctSblwSaj0&t=1s

Now to be cursed with cloudy skies for the next few days most likely.

Edited by bry73, 11 January 2022 - 05:33 PM.

#28 bry73

bry73

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 January 2022 - 10:54 PM

Well I assembled the Scope Buggy tonight. It is a decent buy, but, the cups for holding the tripod out by the rear wheels twist and don't leave much of a cup to hold the tripod.

So I will cut some angle ion and increase the size of the cup to better capture the tripod's feet. Also there are no set screws to lock  the outer tube to the inner for tube to help

stabilize the rear wheels fixed position, just the weight of everything is what is expected to hold everything in place. So a few well placed tack welds will be used to secure

everything firmly in place before I even think of putting the optical tube on.

• Bomber Bob likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics