•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Advice on upgrading my basic set up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Plymouthwelshboy

Plymouthwelshboy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 January 2022 - 02:18 PM

Hello. I am a complete newbie. I have been using a canon 800d and kit lenses with an ioptron skytracker pro.
I am thinking of upgrading the tracker ..... I have a limited budget around £500. I have been looking at the ioptron skyguider pro, the skywatcher star adventurer 2i pro pack or the skywatcher az alt goto with eq wedge and software upgrades.
I want to do a little more DS astro beyond Orion, Pleiades etc but keep it light ght enough for travel. As I get better perhaps I'd like to use a DSLR with redcat 51 or something similar...so a set up which would grow with my learning o we next year or so.
Sorry for the dim question but any advice would be welcome....would you recommend any of the trackers above or is there something else I should be looking at?
TIA
Steve

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics