•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX90 10" in JMI case not fitting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TerryD1

TerryD1

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Iowa

Posted 14 January 2022 - 06:40 PM

Anyone putting their LX90 10" in the JMI case for it.  I just received one and can't figure out how to get my new scope to fit without deforming at least one corner of the "form fitting" foam. 

Edited by TerryD1, 14 January 2022 - 06:40 PM.

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Gemini

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 15 January 2022 - 05:54 PM

Anyone putting their LX90 10" in the JMI case for it.  I just received one and can't figure out how to get my new scope to fit without deforming at least one corner of the "form fitting" foam. 

Make sure you're putting the top and bottom in the correct orientation.  Pictures would help if you need suggestions. 

#3 TerryD1

TerryD1

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 January 2022 - 07:21 PM

I’ve tried it in both directions and placing it in the case with the mount base on the side with the wheels is the way it fits the best but it’s not perfect.  JMI should not advertise this case as a perfect fit for the LX90 10”.  The LX200 probably fits better with the shape of the fork arms at the bottom.

#4 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Gemini

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 16 January 2022 - 02:22 PM

I’ve tried it in both directions and placing it in the case with the mount base on the side with the wheels is the way it fits the best but it’s not perfect.  JMI should not advertise this case as a perfect fit for the LX90 10”.  The LX200 probably fits better with the shape of the fork arms at the bottom.

You may need to do some minor cutting... but again... send some pictures. 

#5 TerryD1

TerryD1

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 January 2022 - 08:44 PM

I did do some cutting and it’s fine now.  It still in no way looks like it’s custom molded for this scope though.  I’d send pictures if I could figure out how.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics