•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Deforking CPC1100HD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raginar

Raginar

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: Pensacola, FL

Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:21 PM

I followed the threads and everything worked. I’m planning on mounting a saddle and using it with some other scopes too. If you haven’t seen this, a guy made files to plug all the holes and make it pretty again. Print in PETG; it’s more resistant to UV and holds up better. All the files print flat without supports.

https://www.thingive...liner47/designs
  • astro rocketeer likes this

#2 Raginar

Raginar

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:07 PM

The gps bracket is built for a smaller CPC. It needs a 150% increase in x to make the gap wider. Roughly 4-5mm is needed.

The spacer for the right fork is really good.

I’m trying to get the left arm plate off that held the scope on. Is there any guides on how to do that? Everyone used words… but it seems complicated. Any help?

#3 Whichwayisnorth

Whichwayisnorth

Gemini

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 16 January 2022 - 01:57 PM

I have a CPC1100 fork mount sitting in the corner after deforking the tube for my observatory.  Been wondering what I should do with it.  I have a 3d printer so thank you for posting this.  Gives me something to work on.   I don't think I have PETG in the correct color though.

What kind of saddle are you going to make?  I was considering designing something that went across the forks with a D series saddle that is parallel with the ground. I couldn't look straight up with a longer scope like a refractor but then again I could swap back on my SCT if I wanted.

• Raginar likes this

#4 Raginar

Raginar

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

I have a CPC1100 fork mount sitting in the corner after deforking the tube for my observatory. Been wondering what I should do with it. I have a 3d printer so thank you for posting this. Gives me something to work on. I don't think I have PETG in the correct color though.

What kind of saddle are you going to make? I was considering designing something that went across the forks with a D series saddle that is parallel with the ground. I couldn't look straight up with a longer scope like a refractor but then again I could swap back on my SCT if I wanted.

Hey WWIN,

There’s a good thread if you search for CPC1100 defork where a guy puts an ADM saddle on the arm. He drilled a few holes, and Anthony was willing to drill a custom saddle for him. As far as I can tell, there are no ‘universal’ saddles anymore. If you found one, it would be much easier.

I talked to Anthony and he said he’s too busy for that kind of work anymore. My plan right now is to use a 6x12” aluminum plate to attach to the fork arm and then attach a extra saddle I have laying around to that.

The plate I bought is 6x12 so I’ll cut it down to what makes sense. I’m planning on drilling and tapping the cast aluminum (in the thread he says Anthony recommended that along with m6 bolts). Hopefully it works out 😂

The GPS antenna part needs to be expanded 140 percent in the x axis (the gap that slides onto the arm needs to be about 4.5mm). I tapped in m5 bolts to give it a snug fit in there. I ended up gluing and screwing the antenna to it.

Edited by Raginar, Yesterday, 07:02 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics