•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Firecapture Banding Issue while Imaging

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deesk06

Deesk06

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Jersey

Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:15 PM

So I have a 290MM I am going to use on solar, i gave it a test run tonight just taking random images. I am getting some type of banding every so often. Some worse than others. I actually did a lunar test tonight, and the banding was in the images, and stacking it also showed the banded images as well. 

Not sure what is going on here. My USB traffic is set to 90%, I have Ram Buffer on (1,438MB), Heapsize (4352), & Force aggressive memory recovery during capture. I also tried it with these settings off and same issue.  

My current laptop I am using is a Macbook Pro 8Gb Ram, 2.7 Ghz Dual Core Processor i5, 1TB SSD.

This is all USB 3.0 as well. Could it be a cable issue? I am using the ZWO cable and I heard those are not the greatest. 

I am calling it banding but I honestly have no idea what this is. 

Examples:

picture-74af9b659ae6b1946bfb4aba1b3581b5
[BR]

[[_bbcodeObjectNames]]
by Deesk06 on Telescopius

picture-e064890846bd3c4a294e8cae5999b220
[BR]

[[_bbcodeObjectNames]]
by Deesk06 on Telescopius

Edited by Deesk06, 14 January 2022 - 11:18 PM.

#2 MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Cosmos

• Loc: Florida

Posted 15 January 2022 - 08:36 AM

Hi,

Were you running a flat?
Any contrast overlay options enabled?

What happens at a slower FPS for you?
What happens at max FPS?

Take your heapsize to 50% of your system memory and see how that handles it?

Disable forcing in the memory options?

I've seen these lines in FC on virtually all cameras at one point or another. It's not the camera, it's the software. I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but I think its memory related because once it starts, it seems to stay. I close FC and restart FC and reload last settings and its flawless again when I see this. So I'm guessing it's something to do with overlay and memory handling, in other words, a bug.

Very best,

#3 hopskipson

hopskipson

Soyuz

• Loc: Queens, New Yawk, Light pollution Headquarters!

Posted 15 January 2022 - 11:21 AM

I get this banding also, I will shut down FC and restart it.  It is a little annoying but AS3! has a function where it will ignore the frames with banding. If you go to Advanced/Ignore Horizontal and Verticle banding.

• rigel123 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics