•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Asiair pro GOTO error.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 senzala

senzala

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 January 2022 - 06:03 AM

Last night, I tried to image the Orion Nebula.

I have a EQ5 pro with synscan.

When it slew to the target to aim at the nebula, one of the motor unit jams with the connections on the mount, preventing Asiair to center the target.

Futhermore it puts the counter weight in an upwards position. 

Is there anyway that I can make the ASIAIR pro turn the RA axis the other way?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20220114_210023.jpg

#2 starrycanuck

starrycanuck

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:41 AM

Was the scope at home position when you executed the Goto or were you tracking another target? If the latter, the  ZWO forum has some discussions that suggest a workaround of returning to home position before executing a second Goto.

When I started using the AAP & HEQ5 Pro, I connected via the Synscan controller and it was problematic. I switched to an EQMOD cable and it is a much smoother process although life with the AAP is still a bit of an adventure.rolleyes.gif

#3 DJL

DJL

Apollo

• -----

Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:51 AM

Definitely use the EQMOD cable rather than the hand controller connection. Before I did this, I had the HEQ5 pointing at the ground looking for guide stars on the other side of the planet. Afterwards, no issues at all.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HL2Z741

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics