•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Beelink SEI8 - Power Supply

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mexbound

mexbound

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 January 2022 - 09:54 AM

I have just installed my BeeLink SEI8 PC on my telescope mount.  I want to be able to bring the PC into the house at times so I want a second power supply to use in the house. I bought this: https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1  but with all the supplied plugs, none of them fit the BeeLink PC.  Can someone point me to a power supply that would work with the BeeLink?, or what is the correct power plug size for the BeeLink?

#2 DesertCrawler

DesertCrawler

Mariner 2

Posted 15 January 2022 - 10:28 AM

It is supposed to be a 5.5x2.5mm power jack. The PSU kit you purchased is supposed to have a 5.5x2.5mm plug.

Sometimes the plug, if spring loaded, can feel a little snug. You can measure them with calipers to convince yourself you do or do not have the right parts, but it looks like you should.

#3 mexbound

mexbound

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 January 2022 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for that info.  I'll again go through the plugs I got with the adapter. I do have MM calipers that I will also check ...

#4 mexbound

mexbound

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

Ok, I found the correct adapter.  What is funny is, its the adapter that is the primary (the one it comes with wired/attached) to the AC/DC convertor. Did not need any of the 14 additional plugs it comes with.

#5 DesertCrawler

DesertCrawler

Mariner 2

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Glad you got it sorted.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics