•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need Help: Bad AutoGuiding

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sreesha

Sreesha

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 January 2022 - 10:35 PM

Hello Friends

I generally used to get good Autoguiding (0.3 to 0.5 rms) using PHD2 tool, in the past. 

Yesterday I did Polar Alignment with AsiAir Pro for the first time (earlier I used to Polar Align with iPolar).  I could get it perfectly polar aligned till the last point.

The center weight balancing was perfect (a little bit biased on the East as advised by most seniors).

But my Autoguiding was very bad (averaging around 1.7 rms.  The DEC graph moved like a jagged sinewave (with peaks around 2+ rms and troughs around 0.5 to 1 rms).  Can you please let me know what could have gone wrong? 

The seeing conditions were not great.  A thin blanket of cloud, and stars were seen dim in the PHD2 guiding tool.  Could that be the reason? 

PHD2 tool guiding did not lose the guiding star, but yet did not provide good autoguiding as expected.

My equipment:  CEM70 i/polar, ASI AIR PRO, ES ED 102 imaging scope, WO 61 guiding scope, ZWO 071MC imaging camera, ZWO 290MC guiding camera, Optolong L-extreme filter.

Thanks

Edited by Sreesha, 16 January 2022 - 10:36 PM.

• Raface likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics