•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NINA - Unable to set mount latitude and longitude to the mount

Astrophotography Equipment Software Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 astroricco

astroricco

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Vienna, Austria (Wiener Schnitzel)

Posted 22 January 2022 - 03:18 PM

Hello Astrophotographers,

i am currently facing the problem that nina is not able to set the Coordinates to the Telescope (EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6).

So when i connect the Mount under the "telescope" section in nina, it asks me if i want to sync the coordinates from nina to mount ot from mount to nina and I select the first option. After that i am getting a notification that nina cant set the lat/long to the mount.

I have added the corresponding log message and an screenshot of the Error Message (Property ITelescopeFacadeProxy.SiteLongitude SET is not implemented in this driver (EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6)).

Yes i could set it manually in the EQMOD window, but i have diffrent reasons for syncing it from nina to mount.. i would like to fix this problem..

Maybe someone of you knows what is going on here...

Clear Skies,

Ricco

Attached Thumbnails

• Error-Image.png

Attached Files

#2 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 22 January 2022 - 03:27 PM

Have you posted on NINA Discord?

https://discord.com/...ghttime-imaging

• astroricco likes this

#3 astroricco

astroricco

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 January 2022 - 03:28 PM

now I did..

Here is the link to the thread: https://discord.com/...544624175972473

Have you posted on NINA Discord?

https://discord.com/...ghttime-imaging

Edited by astroricco, 22 January 2022 - 03:32 PM.

#4 astroricco

astroricco

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 January 2022 - 06:11 PM

SOLVED! Solution: In the ASCOM Settings there is a checkbox called "Allow Site Writes". This box has to be checked.

Edited by astroricco, 22 January 2022 - 06:11 PM.

• cpoup046 likes this

#5 cpoup046

cpoup046

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 08 April 2022 - 07:19 AM

For those using EQASCOM, open the EQMOD toolbox and in "Driver setting" you'll find the checkbox for "allow site writes" which solves this issue as well. 

Edited by cpoup046, 08 April 2022 - 07:19 AM.

#6 MikeECha

MikeECha

Viking 1

• Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 08 April 2022 - 01:13 PM

SOLVED! Solution: In the ASCOM Settings there is a checkbox called "Allow Site Writes". This box has to be checked.

That is great you answered your question. However, if I were you I would go the other way around and let the mount driver control mount related parameters. Everything else would get the same info from the mount driver as clients. 

#7 Cziffra

Cziffra

Lift Off

Posted 11 April 2022 - 06:41 PM

I have the same problem but don't use EQMOD b/c I have a Celestron mount. I don't find an equivalent setting in my ASCOM settings. Any ideas? Thanks!

#8 dghent

dghent

Apollo

• Vendors
  • Loc: Maryland, US

Posted 12 April 2022 - 07:57 AM

Some mount drivers don't allow the lat/long/atitude properties to be written to, only read from. NINA can't know this until it attempts to set them, whereupon the the driver will respond with an error.

In this case, it's best to set the mount driver with your desired lat/long/altitude and, if asked, select Telescope to NINA to have NINA set its own lat/long/altitude to what has been set in the mount.

• Bob Denny, Cziffra and OldManSky like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Equipment, Software, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics