•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Takahashi unboxing and first light

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Jethro7

Jethro7

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: N.W. Florida

Posted 05 February 2022 - 07:03 PM

You got that right! It is so easy to fall in love!!

My TSA 120 is supposed to arrive by 9:00 PM tomorrow which, of course, means Tuesday. Very exciting.

JimP

Hello Jim,

I hope you are enjoying your Tak as much as I am enjoying mine. How ever mine seems to have a weird problem, I cant quite put my finger on the issue so I have been taking it out and using it as often as I possibly can to try and figure this out. The image in the eyepiece is just too good to be believable. 

HAPPY SKIES TO YOU AND KEEP LOOKING UP Jefhro

• R.Kelley likes this

#27 rksturm

rksturm

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Chicago area

Posted 05 February 2022 - 07:30 PM

Jethro7,

Thank you for the information. I realize now that the 8" long tilt-in saddle plate on the DM-6 and its additional screw holes allows for a choice of handle mounting positions, whereas the 4" long saddle plate on the DM-4 has a single handle mount position.

I agree this is more of a pet peeve than a big problem.  I can always just remove the handle when viewing up high as leverage to "steer" in azimuth is increasing lost the higher one observes.  I find that I just grab the telescope tube near the clamshell ring to turn in azimuth when viewing up high.

-Bob S. 

• Jethro7 likes this

#28 rksturm

rksturm

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Chicago area

Posted 05 February 2022 - 07:42 PM

Jethro7,

"My Favorite Martian" was a mid 1960's television sit-com.  The sad part is that I am old enough to remember this show!

Actor Ray Walston might be better remembered as high school teacher Mr. Hand from the 1982 movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" which also featured Sean Penn as slacker/surfer student Jeff Spicoli.

-Bob S.

• Jethro7 likes this

#29 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Cosmos

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 05 February 2022 - 10:55 PM

Hello Jim,
I hope you are enjoying your Tak as much as I am enjoying mine. How ever mine seems to have a weird problem, I cant quite put my finger on the issue so I have been taking it out and using it as often as I possibly can to try and figure this out. The image in the eyepiece is just too good to be believable.

HAPPY SKIES TO YOU AND KEEP LOOKING UP Jefhro

Dang Jethro. Mine has been sitting in it's case for months because of my weather. I only had the 60mm out recently in extremely cold conditions for about 20 minutes. Otherwise it's been cloudy.

I can hear the TSA-120 calling my name from the closet. Soon I say to it.
  • Scott in NC likes this

#30 Jethro7

Jethro7

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: N.W. Florida

Posted 05 February 2022 - 11:31 PM

Dang Jethro. Mine has been sitting in it's case for months because of my weather. I only had the 60mm out recently in extremely cold conditions for about 20 minutes. Otherwise it's been cloudy.

I can hear the TSA-120 calling my name from the closet. Soon I say to it.

Hello GOLGO13,

I  have logged in 26.5 hrs sense receiving the scope. But only about 12 hrs were under really good Seeing and Transparancy. I have been dealing with Covid the Omicron variant ( I'm Fine and over the worst of it ) sense last Wednesday and even got out for a while tonight but did not want to push it for too long. What a scope these Takahashi's are. I hope your skies clear for you soon. 

HAPPY SKIES TO YOU ANDCKEEP LOOKING UP Jethro

Edited by Jethro7, 06 February 2022 - 12:25 AM.

• GOLGO13, payner and 25585 like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics