•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Purple Glow on the edge of ASI 2600MC?

CCD Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coldt_Astro

Coldt_Astro

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:31 PM

I just noticed that I have a purple / red line in every picture of mine. Always on the right hand side. Is that just me or is that with every 2600 MC? Just want to know if it's a defect, cause if it is, I will return it.

I will attach pictures here. https://drive.google...vLO?usp=sharing Proper Original Files uploaded there. 500kb upload limit is not enough at all. Hopefully you guys can help me! (:

Thank you in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• aF6HBzE.jpeg
  • Image06 (2).jpg

#2 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:39 PM

Color casts in flats are common, usually do no harm.  I'm don't see a red line in image06 or your light.

Funny, I took that same image in black and white Sat night with a C8RASA, a 2600MM, and an Ha filter.

#3 maheitka

maheitka

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:41 PM

Never had any problems with my 2600MC Pro. Maybe that's just a line of defect pixels, that can easily be dismissed in picture processing.

#4 Tapio

Tapio

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:41 PM

You mean in every flat frame ? (And with filter ?).

That is common. And if it's normal after calibration then all is well.

#5 drd715

drd715

Apollo

• Loc: Fort Lauderdale

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:51 PM

Looks like a little vignetting on the light cone by a small diameter flattener or other restriction; Drawtube face or baffles.   Should be removed by flatsĀ¹

• jdupton likes this

#6 Coldt_Astro

Coldt_Astro

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:56 PM

You mean in every flat frame ? (And with filter ?).

That is common. And if it's normal after calibration then all is well.

Every picture I take. I can maybe upload the original file with just a saturation boost

#7 Coldt_Astro

Coldt_Astro

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:59 PM

Never had any problems with my 2600MC Pro. Maybe that's just a line of defect pixels, that can easily be dismissed in picture processing.

If its really dead pixels, shouldn't I get that camera changed? Cause I still have warranty

#8 maheitka

maheitka

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 25 January 2022 - 04:40 PM

If it is, sure you can. But that was just a thought. I've seen cameras with defect pixel problems, but most often these problems could easily be solved by getting a bad pixel mask for your camera. And you should check (final) results with calibration (flats, darks, bias).

#9 jdupton

jdupton

Skylab

• Loc: Central Texas, USA

Posted 25 January 2022 - 06:03 PM

Coldt_Astro,

I am not seeing much of anything in the posted image. I do see the color at the right edge of the Flat frame. I can also see the effects of that colored area that the Flat impressed onto the Light due to incomplete (under-corrected) calibration.

The Flat appears to be showing some vignetting on the right side of the image. That is not due to a sensor or camera issue. Such a shadow can be normal an is usually caused by something intruding into the light path of the optical system. The "off" color of that shadow could be caused by any filters in the optical system or in extreme cases by off axis color due to some miss-collimation in the optics.

I downloaded the Flat and see no evidence of any dead pixels. The red channel of the flat is the weakest while the green channel is the strongest. They are all in good ranges. This is all very normal. Below is a Contour Plot of the Flat frame. You can see the effects of the slight vertical vignetting at the right side but the Flat will remove any similar vignetting from your Lights. That is why we use Flats, after all.

Coldt_Astro.jpg

In net, there is nothing that I see wrong with the Flat. So long as Flat frames reflect the true condition of the optical system, as this one does, they will work and how they look doesn't matter. You can see lots of very ugly Flats here on CloudyNights and yet they do their job of removing those unwanted optical characteristics from their corresponding Lights.

John

• bobzeq25 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CCD, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics