•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Horsehead and Flame Nebula on 01/26/2022

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 herseycart

herseycart

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Suffolk, VA

Posted 27 January 2022 - 07:35 AM

Pretty cold last night but the skies were clear.  Here are a couple results from my EAA observing last night.

The Horsehead Nebula

HorseHead Nebula Live Stack 60frames 1400s
You have to try a bit to see it, but it is there.  I could just start to see the Horsehead about 3 minutes into the live stack.  The image above is a live stack of 23 minutes and 20 seconds (20 x 20 seconds and 40 x 25 seconds at 450 gain) in SharpCap Pro.  The bright nebula NGC 2023 looks quite nice I think.

The Flame Nebula

Flame Nebula Live Stack 80frames 1200s
This is a SharpCap Pro live stack of 80 x 15 second exposures at 450 gain. The Flame was visible almost from the first stack but details continued to resolve as more and more frames were added to the stack.  

Both of these live stacks were captured using the SV305 camera through my AT66ED.

A couple more from last nights session can be found here: http://www.suffolksk...ouple-galaxies/

Enjoy!

• alphatripleplus, roelb and markbc like this

#2 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 27 January 2022 - 08:29 AM

Nice captures. I often overlook NGC2023 next to the Horsehead, and it does show well in your first pic.

• herseycart likes this

#3 MrRoberts

MrRoberts

Apollo

• Loc: Green Valley, AZ

Posted 27 January 2022 - 09:21 AM

bow.gif waytogo.gif

• herseycart likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics