•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Does the NP101is has flat field at 50mm circle edges?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aacc66

aacc66

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 January 2022 - 08:00 AM

Does any one has pictures that can share that detail?

I assume that NP101is will have the LC1069 correct on it.

Thank you.

Alvaro

#2 Spikey131

Spikey131

Gemini

Posted 29 January 2022 - 08:35 AM

The manual recommends 40mm as the maximum chip size with the LC1069:

https://televue.com/... Guide_1308.pdf

See the chart on page 7

You can also call Tele Vue.  They are very helpful on the phone.

#3 aacc66

aacc66

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 January 2022 - 02:09 AM

Thank you.  I got a chance to see the table before, and I was refusing to believe the numbers.  I think I saw a number in their website of 50 mm circle (https://www.televue...._page.asp?id=37), but I think it was referring to another OTA, or was meaning something different.  I think I was hopeful that was the case, but you are right it is about a 40 mm circle.

Thanks again.

Alvaro

The manual recommends 40mm as the maximum chip size with the LC1069:

https://televue.com/... Guide_1308.pdf

See the chart on page 7

You can also call Tele Vue.  They are very helpful on the phone.

#4 alnitak22

alnitak22

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 31 January 2022 - 11:16 AM

Does any one has pictures that can share that detail?

I assume that NP101is will have the LC1069 correct on it.

Thank you.

Alvaro

Alvaro….this is from the NP manual…

”simply subtract “chip to faceplate” distance from 2.75” to get the spacing required from the Large Field Corrector to your faceplate, for up to 35mm formats.  For larger formats, such as 53mm diagonal, use 2.67” instead of 2.75”.  Use threaded Imaging System components to bring you as close as possible.”

Hope this helps. It’s from Section 4.2 Prime Focus in the instruction manual. Consider calling TeleVue if it’s still unclear to you.

CS,

Clyde

#5 Jeff Morgan

Jeff Morgan

Hubble

• Loc: Prescott, AZ

Posted 31 January 2022 - 06:03 PM

Thank you.  I got a chance to see the table before, and I was refusing to believe the numbers.  I think I saw a number in their website of 50 mm circle (https://www.televue...._page.asp?id=37), but I think it was referring to another OTA, or was meaning something different.  I think I was hopeful that was the case, but you are right it is about a 40 mm circle.

Thanks again.

Alvaro

You could go to Astrobin and do a search for images shot with full-frame sensors and that particular telescope and see if you like the resultant images.

#6 aacc66

aacc66

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2022 - 01:13 AM

Hi Clyde,

Thanks for pointing that out.  And yes I recall reading that statement somewhere in the manual.  It is bit stranger as the manual says too that it can only reach a 40mm circle using the LC1069, which is intended to improve the light distribution at the edges up to 40 mm.  This is from the table above in section 4.0.  Why not describe the increased field if you are 2 mm closer on the table.  A bit strange.

Any way thank you.

Alvaro

Alvaro….this is from the NP manual…

”simply subtract “chip to faceplate” distance from 2.75” to get the spacing required from the Large Field Corrector to your faceplate, for up to 35mm formats.  For larger formats, such as 53mm diagonal, use 2.67” instead of 2.75”.  Use threaded Imaging System components to bring you as close as possible.”

Hope this helps. It’s from Section 4.2 Prime Focus in the instruction manual. Consider calling TeleVue if it’s still unclear to you.

CS,

Clyde

#7 aacc66

aacc66

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 February 2022 - 01:13 AM

You could go to Astrobin and do a search for images shot with full-frame sensors and that particular telescope and see if you like the resultant images.

Jeff,

I'll probably do that.

Thanks.

Alvaro

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics