•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tasco 8 inch Newtonian reflector back on ebay

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 refractory

refractory

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:18 PM

You folks might remember this one from some months back:
ebay auction: 300037128677

I don't remember whether the seller had fewer or more feedbacks than the current 11- maybe they have more now, or did they dump the old ones and start over??

Anyway, since the search function is disabled on CN at the moment I was unable to find the original thread, so am starting this new one.

Jess Tauber

#2 refractory

refractory

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

Well the whole thing (including a nice equatorial pier) went for $150. Try to find a deal like that on an '80's vintage 8 inch long focus reflector with an equatorial. I would have bought it myself if not for the question about the seller and no shipping.

Jess Tauber

#3 microbes

microbes

Apollo

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:30 PM

I almost wish I had seen this earlier. It's within driving distance, and with it being "pickup only" I could have looked at it before handing the money over. If it's legit and really in "good condition", someone got a heck of a deal.

#4 refractory

refractory

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:44 PM

I could ask the Doctor about taking a trip back a few days so we could check it out. Of course with such a capability there are probably other things I'd rather check out!

Jess Tauber

#5 Clive Gibbons

Clive Gibbons

Mostly Harmless

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:40 AM

Well the whole thing (including a nice equatorial pier) went for $150. Try to find a deal like that on an '80's vintage 8 inch long focus reflector with an equatorial. I would have bought it myself if not for the question about the seller and no shipping.

Jess Tauber

Good deal!
Those big Tascos (there was also a 6" f/8 offered) were made by Meade.
They were only marketed for a short time in the early 1980's. The retail selling price of them was much higher than what Meade's white-tubed scopes sold for so VERY few people bought the Tasco models.

#6 jonnyastro

jonnyastro

Gemini

• ****-

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:05 AM

I had one. I bought it from Scope City at a great discount becuase it was for an educational institution. It was a great scope and i really wish we would have held onto it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics