•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Unitron 3-inch (Model 142) on craigslist

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#26 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

Excellent JW !!

While I was traveling, I got an email that said it was sold. So it spared me a trip to Vermont to have to pick it up.....as inevitably I was getting drawn to it. I have a mount that is identical in minty shape, so to complete my set I just need to pick up an OTA somewhere if I get ambitious or not.

#27 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:50 PM

Hi Jae,

Susan told me she was talking to you and I asked her to email you. BTW, there's an minty OTA on eBay at this very moment (unless Lenny buys it).

Vintage Unitron 75mm Telescope

-JWW:

#28 Bonco

Bonco

Skylab

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:37 PM

I came oh so very close to buying that scope. Now I'm suffering from non buyers remorse.
Bonco

#29 Mark Lancaster

Mark Lancaster

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:01 PM

Color me jealous! :)

#30 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:02 PM

I came oh so very close to buying that scope. Now I'm suffering from non buyers remorse.

Bonco ...

As soon as I spoke with her on the telephone, I asked her to guarantee she would sell it to me. The funds were in her hands via Paypal immediately after the telephone call. She hired a packing company to come to her home to make sure it was packed safely. She also called me on the telephone twice letting me know the status of the shipment. It was shipped 2ond day via FedEx from Maine to Arizona and she split the shipping cost with me.

-JWW: :jump:

#31 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:14 AM

Hi Jae,

Susan told me she was talking to you and I asked her to email you. BTW, there's an minty OTA on eBay at this very moment (unless Lenny buys it).

Vintage Unitron 75mm Telescope

-JWW:

Thanks for telling her to email me, JW ! I was wondering if she was going to email any more photos and I was half way around the world when I received the email saying it was sold.

That OTA on the 'bay is a little rich .....at that starting price. :(

#32 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:16 AM

Hi everybody!
I was really impressed with JW's find. That is one of the later year model 142. JW, take a picture of the objective cell for me and post it here. (Let me know about it too via email) I have been so busy selling off most of my equipment (none Unitron though) because I am re-shifting my strategy.
If the cell carries a series 5000 serial number, the lens is extremely high quality from the mid 1980's that was a limited production run. That in itself appreciated the value of the telescope even more.
JW, I believe I already mentioned to you that there is someone that manufactures elecrtic clock drives for this telescope, right?

#33 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:14 PM

Hi Lenny,

I've been finishing up the tile all weekend. Yes, you gave me a link for the drives ... thanks! No it's not a 5000 series but it star tested perfect. The objective is spotless, not even any dust/lint specks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1237106-Unitron_Cell_Susan_Xdat.jpg

#34 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

Posted 06 November 2006 - 12:31 PM

That is a mighty fine looking objective you got there!

That will make a fine scope for planetary, solar and lunar viewing!

The "unless Lenny buys it" probably won't happen unless I get so lucky to get my hands on a 5 inch Unitron! If I do, all of my Unitrons will go to afford that animal! :roflmao:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics