i've gotten everything working but there persists some annoyances. Most painful is at some point during a session my work in Sharpcap falls apart as the mount isn't keeping sync with the star and they are lines of movement instead of dots of light....
So here's what I do and I'm interested in bullet-proofing this with your best practices:
1) Power up 8se Nexstar mount
2) Using hand controller ensure telescope is point generally NORTH and LEVEL
3) Power off and then Power ON at the above alignment
4) Start CPWI and connect to hand controller (with USB plugged in with computer).
5) Start alignment from CPWI and do two stars on opposite side of meridian
6) Fire up Stellarium and SharpCap, focus with SharpCap live view.
7) Find a target in Stellarium and goto there via SLEW command in Telescope add-in
8) Use Sharpcap to do PLATE SOLVE AND SYNC (successfully, using ASTAP)
9) Start livestack
The above worked last time for a few objects just fine. Then ask some point repeated 7, 8 and plate solve fails 'cause things are not staying aligned with stars. I really don't want to start all over every hour or two...
This is over a few hours. In essence I get things very well lined up and then after while, I can still find a star but things don't stay tracking and so plate solve and live stacking fail because of star movement. As if CPWI decided to stop tracking a star or was lost in that process...