•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help buying my first used telescope.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 KWB

KWB

James Webb Space Telescope

• Loc: Westminster,Co Elev.5400 feet

Posted 17 May 2022 - 04:57 AM

Will need a pillow for my knees and a small table. In any case, it was a lot of fun although I was lost in the sky most of the time. In any case, I wanted to report that I'm loving the scope, it's tracking well.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Is your telescope missing the finder scope?

#27 SiniArch

SiniArch

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 May 2022 - 10:25 AM

No, it's not missing the finder scope, but I had the tripod all the way down as I thought it would be better for stability. This caused the EP for both the main tube and the finder scope to be very low to the ground. The main tu e has a 45 on the EP but the finder scope doesn't. So it was very difficult to use the finder scope as the trees blocked so much of the views that I had to point up a lot.

Next time I'll also get a stool and extend the tripod legs to help with this. :)

#28 KWB

KWB

James Webb Space Telescope

• Loc: Westminster,Co Elev.5400 feet

Posted 17 May 2022 - 10:34 AM

That will be a big step in the right direction. Having to be on the ground to view through a telescope makes this a hobby that get tedious extremely fast and a hobby that will not last long.

• Diana N and SiniArch like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics