•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO ASI224MC lens vignetting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cmdrkeen

cmdrkeen

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 14 May 2022 - 01:00 AM

Hi, I bought a new ASI224MC directly from ZWO. When I tried using the included fish-eye lens, it had vignetting. In the attached picture, you can see vignetting on the left side. Is it normal and do you also have the same issue? 

Preview_20220513_225253.jpg

Edited by cmdrkeen, 14 May 2022 - 01:11 AM.

• BillHarris likes this

#2 RedLionNJ

RedLionNJ

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: Red Lion, NJ, USA

Posted 14 May 2022 - 11:25 AM

Mine doesn't do that (like your left corners). Does the vignetting follow the lens (if you rotate the lens) or the camera body?

The warping (best seen in the blinds) is typical and expected, though. Your sky will be very distorted away from the middle portion.

#3 cmdrkeen

cmdrkeen

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 14 May 2022 - 12:11 PM

It does not follow the lens rotation, but when I completely remove the lens, CMOS itself does not show any issue. I assume that it is sensor position issue?

#4 martinrw

martinrw

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 May 2022 - 08:36 PM

I have not noticed that on mine. Go to the ZWO website and present your problem there.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics