•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

UFO in my PHD2 Log Viewer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jhop

Jhop

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Eureka, California

Posted 14 May 2022 - 10:17 AM

I'm still very new at this stuff but I recently was looking through all the information in the "Section Heading" of the PHD2 Log Viewer and came across this: "Mount = iOptron CEM120/70/40/26, GEM45/28 Mount (ASCOM)."  The problem is that all the other logs have the correct info which is "Mount = EQMOD HEQ5/6 (ASCOM)," the mount I actually own and use.  I've never owned an iOptron mount.  It's also strange that the date of the supposed session is during the month and a half or so that clouds and rain have prevented any photography at all.

Any idea how the heck this could have happened?

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 14 May 2022 - 02:08 PM

Did you perhaps download someone else's log to look at/evaluate?

• Michael Covington likes this

#3 Jhop

Jhop

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 May 2022 - 06:38 PM

Thank you, OldManSky, for your very logical response.  I hadn't thought of that.  And if it had been dated a year ago or so I might have acknowledged that it could be the case.  But it was dated the week before I noticed it.  So it'll remain a mystery.  Thank you, though.

• OldManSky likes this

#4 OldManSky

OldManSky

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 15 May 2022 - 10:28 AM

Thank you, OldManSky, for your very logical response.  I hadn't thought of that.  And if it had been dated a year ago or so I might have acknowledged that it could be the case.  But it was dated the week before I noticed it.  So it'll remain a mystery.  Thank you, though.

A mystery, indeed.

You sure somebody's not sneaking into your house to use your computer for astrophotography while you're out?  shocked.gif

#5 Jhop

Jhop

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 May 2022 - 03:21 PM

Ha!  If they did I can tell from the logs that it wasn't much of a photography session.  Thanks again.

• OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics