•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is this horrible?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Oort Cloud

Oort Cloud

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: New Jersey, USA

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:18 AM

I have 2 OTAs that have never seen an eyepiece. I also have a hand controller for my EQ6-r that has never seen the light of day, let alone get used at night.
  • KungFood, OldManSky and unimatrix0 like this

#27 KungFood

KungFood

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Dallas, Tx

Posted 16 May 2022 - 06:03 PM

My current duty rig has never had an eyepiece in it. Sometimes that bothers me, usually it doesn't. Galileo was using the best tech of his time, not for social points or prestige, but for discovery and knowledge. I think that if he had access to the tech of today, he would be doing the same, using the best tech he could to get the most information possible.

• unimatrix0 likes this

#28 unimatrix0

unimatrix0

Vanguard

Posted 16 May 2022 - 06:12 PM

My current duty rig has never had an eyepiece in it. Sometimes that bothers me, usually it doesn't. Galileo was using the best tech of his time, not for social points or prestige, but for discovery and knowledge. I think that if he had access to the tech of today, he would be doing the same, using the best tech he could to get the most information possible.

If Galileo would be alive today, he'd be sitting in the control room of the J. Webb telescope. 

By the way neither that scope has seen an eyepiece. lol.gif

• KungFood likes this

#29 whirlpoolm51

whirlpoolm51

Viking 1

• Loc: pittsburgh,pa

Posted 16 May 2022 - 07:09 PM

I’ve done it all!! Started out visual and ended up owning multiple dobs up to 18”. Did sketching and everything loved going up to cherry springs and seeing m51 spiral arms and m8 outside of the city where I used to live…then I moved to bottle 4 skies and bought a revolution rd imager for some EAA and once I saw m51 in all it’s glory on the screen I never turned back lol
I now have a ROR observatory in my backyard and every clear night I’m in out capturing every photon I can!!

I loved visual but with Astro photography I can actually observe the universe in all its glory!! And I’m a galaxy guy so imaging is the way to go

Plus , our eyes are crap when it comes to visually observing the universe haha

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics